4200 E. Skelly Drive Ste. 700
Tulsa, OK 74135
- Virtual Telemedicine Visits Available, Call For Details
- Board Certified Gastroenterologist
- Currently Accepting New Patients
- Most Insurance Plans Accepted
- Performs Colonoscopies
Adult Gastroenterology Associates - Tulsa, OK
Gastroenterology in Tulsa, OK
Adult Gastroenterology Associates - Tulsa, OK
4200 E. Skelly Drive
Closed. Opens Mon at 8 AM
About Matt Blankenship, M.D.
Matt Blankenship, MD became interested in medicine at a young age, growing up as the son of a urologist in Enid, OK. He chose to specialize in gastroenterology because it involves direct patient care and offers a good balance between the clinic, acute care in the hospital, and procedures.
He attended the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, where he earned his MD and completed a residency in internal medicine and a fellowship in gastroenterology. While at OU, Dr. Blankenship was admitted to Alpha Omega Alpha, the national medical honor society.
Dr. Blankenship joined Adult Gastroenterology Associates in Tulsa in 2007. He says, “The digestive system is complicated, and there is often a lot of interplay between physical organic GI problems and the brain and nervous system. We really must treat the entire patient. In gastroenterology, we don’t always have a perfect ‘slam dunk’ answer to every problem, and I know that this can sometimes be frustrating. But when we work closely with patients, we can evaluate for and (we hope) rule out serious and life-threatening problems, establish a diagnosis, control symptoms, and ensure that each patient enjoys the highest quality of life possible. That is my goal.”
Dr. Blankenship is board certified in gastroenterology. He has a broad practice in general gastroenterology, with a special interest in colon cancer prevention, reflux and other esophageal diseases, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and other functional GI disorders.
In his spare time, Dr. Blankenship enjoys coaching youth basketball and spending time with his family. He also loves reading, and he has wide interests in history, literature, culture, science, and the world of ideas.
- Gastroenterology Fellow 2004-2007: OU College of Medicine
- Internal Medicine Resident 2001-2004: OU College of Medicine—Tulsa
- Doctor of Medicine (with distinction) 1997-2001: OU College of Medicine
- BA: University of Oklahoma, 1997
Accreditation and Awards
- Arkansas-Oklahoma Endoscopic Society: President 2017-19; Vice President 2015-17
- Member, American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Member, American College of Gastroenterology
- Richard Harty Award as Outstanding Fellow in Gastroenterology, 2004
- Richard A. Marshall Award as Outstanding Internal Medicine Resident, 2004
- Crimson Apple Award for Outstanding Teaching at OU College of Medicine, 2004
- Medical Book Award, given to outstanding medical students, 2001
- Abdominal Pain
- Anal/Rectal Bleeding
- Blood in the Stool
- Bowel Incontinence
- Difficulty Swallowing
- Unexplained Weight Gain/Loss
- Yellowing of the Skin/Eyes
- Acid Reflux
- Anal Fissure
- Anemia/Iron Deficiency
- Biliary Obstruction
- C. Difficile Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Colon Cancer
- Crohn's Disease
- Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome (CVS)
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Esophageal Motility Disorder
- Fatty Liver Disease
- Food Intolerance
- Gallbladder Disease
- Helicobacter Pylori
- Hiatal Hernia
- Impacted Bowel
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Lactose Intolerance
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis
- Peptic Ulcers
- Primary Biliary Cholangitis
- Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection
- Esophageal Dilation
- Feeding Tube Insertion (PEG)
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Hemorrhoid Banding
- Infusion Therapy (IV Infusion)
Dr Matt Blankenship is fantastic. His bedside manner is so kind and well spoken. Absolutely recommend him to anyone looking for a Gastroenterologist.
Superior facility, Excellent DR. Highly recommend. Patient for many years, great care!
My visit with Dr. Blankenship was excellent as always. He does a great job of discussing and advising.
Long wait, but an awesome doctor. Friendly and professional!
"I recently visited Matt Blankenship, M.D. for a first-time consultation about abdominal pains. I was very impressed with the way I was treated. The doctor and staff were courteous and friendly, and they took the time to listen to my concerns and answer all of my questions. I felt like they were genuinely interested in helping me get better. The doctor is very knowledgeable and explained my area of concern in a way that I could understand. He also took the time to discuss my diagnostic options and answer all of my questions. I felt confident that I was in good hands. Overall, I had a very positive experience at Matt Blankenship, M.D.'s office. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a gerontologist in Tulsa."