4200 E. Skelly Drive Ste. 700
Tulsa, OK 74135
- Virtual Telemedicine Visits Available, Call For Details
- Board Certified Gastroenterologist
- Currently Accepting New Patients
- Most Insurance Plans Accepted
- Performs Colonoscopies
Adult Gastroenterology Associates - Tulsa, OK
Gastroenterology in Tulsa, OK
Adult Gastroenterology Associates - Tulsa, OK
4200 E. Skelly Drive
Closed. Opens Fri at 8 AM
About Paul Stanton, M.D.
Paul Stanton, MD pursued a career in medicine because he enjoys the dynamic interaction between people and science. The field of gastroenterology intrigued him early on when he discovered the vast number of treatments available for GI disorders. He felt energized to be a part of an ever-evolving field of medicine. Gastroenterology also gives Dr. Stanton the opportunity to experience something new every day from interacting with patients to advanced procedures.
Dr. Stanton graduated Summa Cum Laude from Oral Roberts University with an undergraduate degree in Biomedical Chemistry, and he attended medical school at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School. He completed his internship and residency in Internal Medicine at the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, then moved on to complete his fellowship in Gastroenterology at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio.
Dr. Stanton’s specific area of interest in the GI field is in colon cancer screening and prevention. He has 25 years of experience in providing screening colonoscopies to thousands of patients with excellent results. He believes a choice for Adult Gastroenterology Associates (AGA) is a choice for quality. The entire team is comprised of board-certified gastroenterologists who focus on providing the highest level of care, including incorporating new technologies and procedures as they are developed. “AGA provides the highest quality care—our patient satisfaction levels are a reflection of the dedicated care each patient receives.”
During his tenure with Adult Gastroenterology Associates, Dr. Stanton has observed the evolution of colon cancer screening, which now includes improved colon cleansing preps and high definition scopes to provide a high quality examination.
When he’s not working, Dr. Stanton enjoys traveling for medical missionary work, spending time with his family, and he is active in his church. He also likes swimming for exercise, a pastime that reminds him of his youth, when he worked as a lifeguard and swam competitively.
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Chemistry (Summa Cum Laude): Oral Roberts University – Tulsa, OK
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Texas Southwestern Medical School – Dallas, TX
- Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine: University of Oklahoma College of Medicine – Tulsa, OK
- Fellowship in Gastroenterology: University of Texas Health Science Center – San Antonio, TX
- Biblical Studies: Dallas Theological Seminary – Dallas, TX
- Chief Resident of Internal Medicine: University of Oklahoma College of Medicine
Awards and Accreditation
- Tulsa County Medical Society
- Oklahoma State Medical Association
- American Medical Association
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Abdominal Pain
- Anal/Rectal Bleeding
- Blood in the Stool
- Bowel Incontinence
- Difficulty Swallowing
- Unexplained Weight Gain/Loss
- Yellowing of the Skin/Eyes
- Acid Reflux
- Anal Fissure
- Anemia/Iron Deficiency
- Biliary Obstruction
- C. Difficile Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Colon Cancer
- Crohn's Disease
- Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome (CVS)
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Esophageal Motility Disorder
- Fatty Liver Disease
- Food Intolerance
- Gallbladder Disease
- Helicobacter Pylori
- Hiatal Hernia
- Impacted Bowel
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Lactose Intolerance
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis
- Peptic Ulcers
- Primary Biliary Cholangitis
- Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection
- Esophageal Dilation
- Feeding Tube Insertion (PEG)
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Hemorrhoid Banding
- Infusion Therapy (IV Infusion)
He saved my life! I Love him!
Dr Stanton is very professional a kind and thoughtful man doctor and I believe that he will be helping me.
Dr Stanton and his nursing staff was very kind informative. , They're fa ciliary was very clean. And they was prompt at answering my questions As a gastroenterologist. They treated me like family. I wouldn't recommend anyone else but Dr Stanton. . I appreciate them for the service they provide.
The professionalism, service, and friendliness are fantastic. Have been a patient with Dr Stanton for almost 20 years!!
I love the Dr’s but I’ve been waiting 6 days for them to send in my prescription to the pharmacy. I spent 55 minutes on hold yesterday trying to reach someone who could actually send it in but it never got sent. To say it’s been a great experience would be a lie. I’ve been without my medication for 4 days now.